Frequently Asked Questions
- Are you an Alaskan company?
Yes, Alaska Coach Tours is owned and operated by Alaskans.
- How many people qualify as a group?
You must have 20 paying individuals in your group to qualify for group tour pricing. Please use the "Request a Quote" link to get pricing for your group.
- What are your days/hours of operation?
The summer tour season is from May through September. Since we work with several cruise lines, for individuals or couples that are looking for seats on one of our tours, please refer to the days listed at the top of the tour description.
For groups of 20 or more, we can schedule your tour for any day of the week.
- Do I have to be a travel agent to book a tour?
- When should I book my tour? Can I call the day of to book?
You should book your tour as soon as possible to make sure the tickets reach you before you depart for your adventure. Due to our operating schedule, we do not take "day-of" tour bookings, please contact us in advance of your arrival.
- Where do I pick up the tour?
All of our tours depart from downtown Juneau. When you make your reservation, you will be provided with directions on where to locate your motorcoach.
- We're interested in taking a motorcoach tour from Ketchikan to Juneau or from Juneau to Skagway, can you quote us a price?
Most of southeast Alaska is only accessible by boat or plane. Unfortunately there are no roads connecting Ketchikan, Juneau or Skagway together.
- What is your weather like?
The weather in southeast Alaska is quick to change. It may be raining in the morning and sunny in the afternoon. Or it can rain all day long. Dress in layers and make sure to bring a warm jacket! While the locals may find the weather warm, you may want to think about bringing your hat & gloves, just in case!
- Are your tours narrated?
Yes, all of our drivers are trained in both local and state wide information. They are happy to provide an informative narration throughout the tour and answer any questions you may have along the way.
- Is it possible to do a custom tour for my group rather than one of the tours listed?
You bet! We'd be happy to put together some tour options based on what your group is interested in seeing. Simply fill out the "Request a Quote" form and we'll get started.