Juneau Dock Representative
Reports to: Operations Manager
Status: Seasonal, Hourly
General Function: Serve as a contact and representative of Alaska Coach Tours in Juneau. Main duties include assisting in boarding, relaying information between ship staff and Alaska Coach operations, supplying sales materials to shore-ex staff and completing appropriate paperwork for each departure.
- Conduct all activities and decisions according to the four guiding principles of Alaska Coach Tours:
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Meeting financial goals
- Ship Meet and Greet:
- Prepare for the arrival of passengers prior to meeting ship and arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled tour boarding time.
- Communicate professionally with ship staff regarding final counts and last minute details. Be flexible and react to all situations in a positive and constructive manner.
- Work with drivers to assist passengers in boarding process and brief passengers about tour after boarding.
- Communicate last minute details (final count, exact time of dock departure, etc.) to the Alaska Coach Tours management team as needed. Work with management to facilitate smooth operations for each tour (i.e. reversing order when needed, communicating with vendors regarding timing, etc.).
- Work with management to quickly assess situations and work with operations team to relay information via proper channels in the event of circumstances out of the norm (tour deviations, passenger incidents or injuries, etc.).
- Complete all related paperwork after each departure in an accurate, timely and consistent manner.
- Supply shore excursion staff with promotional materials and/or information that assist in maximizing sales.
- General Duties:
- Assist when needed in other areas of company as needed such as administrative assistance and general office duties.
- Uniforms: As a very visible representative of Alaska Coach Tours, it is important to be aware of and present a very professional image. Excessive jewelry, body piercing and tattoos are not allowed. When representing Alaska Coach Tours, you should appropriately attired in the uniform which will be provided to you. Employees may need to furnish specific items (such as pants and/or shoes).
- Drug Testing: All employees who operate any company vehicle or who work aboard one of our tour vessels will be asked to participate in a pre-employment and random drug screening program.