Seattle Driver Guide
- Full-time and part-time positions available.
- Driver position pay starts at $15.00/hour.
- Drivers are paid for training.
- $1/hr Safety bonus available.
- Contract completion bonus available.
- Uniforms are provided.
- Housing Allowance
Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: Seattle, Washington
Note: A current Commercial Driver's License (Class B) with Passenger and Air Brake endorsements and a minimum of 2 years motorcoach driving experience is preferred; however Alaska Coach Tours may provide CDL training to applicants if needed.
General Function: Provide safe transportation and quality narration to Seattle visitors according to the guidelines established by Alaska Coach Tours management.
Minimum Qualifications: Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to be considered for a driver/guide position:
- 21 years of age by April 1, 2016
- Possess a valid State drivers license and a good, safe driving record (no more than one moving violation or 'at fault' accident in the last three years). DUI, DWI, negligent or reckless driving convictions automatically disqualify the applicant.
- Certified as physically qualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle according to a U.S. Dept. of Transportation physical and NIDA urinalysis drug screen.
- Be willing to submit to pre-employment, random, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion drug & alcohol testing.
- Able to lift and move a minimum of 50 lbs.
- A U.S. citizen or able to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
- Successfully complete a driver training program and pass all associated tests.
- Conduct all activities and decisions according to the five guiding principles of Alaska Coach Tours:
- Environmental Responsibility
- Gain understanding of systems and maintenance needs for motor coaches in order to facilitate safety of passengers and high levels of operation for the coaches. Adhere to company policies regarding pre-trip and post-trip inspections of vehicles. Wash and clean interior and exterior of vehicles, as needed, in order to maintain cleanliness standards to ensure passenger safety, comfort and enjoyment.
- Gain understanding of pertinent Federal and State DOT regulations and integrate routine compliance into all aspects of delivering quality tours. Complete all related paperwork in a professional, accurate, consistent and timely manner.
- Work with ACT dock representatives and others to ensure safe boarding and disembarkation from motorcoaches, and facilitate smooth transitions during all phases of tours and transfers.
- Gain understanding of tour routes and information provided by Alaska Coach Tours and provide accurate, entertaining and regionally specific narration on all tours and transfers that you conduct.
- Work with management to quickly assess situations and work with operations team to relay information via proper channels in the event of circumstances out of the norm (tour deviations, passenger incidents or injuries, etc.).
- Strive to represent Alaska Coach Tours in a professional and friendly manner whenever interfacing with passengers or community members.